The air was (slightly) filled with solder-smoke

Earlier in the day (when it was still raining) I decided was no good just thinking about repairing my RG58 cable for HF, I should do something about it.

I rolled the cable up into my shack and cut the damaged (was torn away from plug earlier in year) part off.

I was going to leave it at that, but thought I will just prepare for soldering. This was promptly done and then I realised I had screwed the plug on without the jacket so had to remove to add and then screw plug back on again.

I then thought as I had come this far, may as well solder the plug on. This was uncharted territory for me. Soon the Soldering Iron out of the plastic bubble it came in and then solder was prepared. I did a cold run as was my first solo attempt at soldering to make sure things were where I needed them.

The Soldering was soon completed (although slightly messy) and it had stopped raining. So with the PL259 now on my RG58 cable I re-attached to my 1/2 sized G5RV.

2E0TZO is now back on HF (reminder, tidy up the RG58).

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.