The attached photo is of my desk before I set about a tidy up.
I’m adding a floating shelving unit with the following items:-
- Ikea Trofast Black Wall storage
- Ikea Ekby Töre (x4)
- Ikea Trofast White Storage box (x6)
Hopefully by the end of weekend, or early next week I should be able to update with the end result.
Also the desk will be moved forward slightly so I can add the antenna behind on it’s Speaker stand.
Right to start with the MFJ-1788X (Magnetic Loop Antenna 7-22 MHz (40-15M)) has been ordered awaiting delivery. I might contact Martin Lynch & Sons to say I’ll collect from Kempton Radio Rally (West London Radio & Electronics Fair) on Sunday 10th November so not much to report yet.
Also I purchased a DVAP Dongle. I went with the 70cms model as it’s a larger band and usually quieter. Some people mentioned that it’s it illegal. Well after some reading it seems I have to tick “lock callsign” box in UK and I have to be nearby so it’s still classed as attended. Also the DVAP Dongle only transmits about 10 mW into it’s tiny antenna (see in photo with Raspberry Pi for size comparison).
I’ve had a few QSOs on it, and it’s nice to work anything waiting for my Mag Loop antenna.
Update (belated):- It was delivered after Kempton, but seeing the size of the box, I’m glad it was delivered.
Just quick pic I took while un-boxing my Chinese 3G Router for £20 ish from eBay.
It’s described as a 1.8A power bank, 3G hotspot (you provide own 3G stick) & Mini Wifi Access point.
Not bothered too much by the 1.8A battery as have 7a pack, but hope it works on other 2 selling points. Hopefully I’ll report back soon.
Well, had a little while now (ordered end of May 2011), but thought I would post the specs.
HP Pavilion DV6-3141ea
- Processor clock speed: 2000 MHz
- Processor family: AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Proce
- Chipset: AMD RS880M chipset
- L2 cache: Level 2 cache 2 MB
- Display diagonal: 39.6 cm (15.6″) diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display
- Impressively powerful mobile performance
- Comfortable, easy to use functionality
- Secure and expansive storage
- A total multimedia experience
- Design that shines
- Operating system
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Processor N930 2.0 GHz, Level 2 cache 2 MB
- AMD RS880M chipset
- 6 GB DDR3 (1 x 2048 MB + 1 x 4096 MB)
- 2 user accessible memory slots Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory
- 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm up to 12 GB partition for system recovery
- SATA optical drive
- LightScribe SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
- Create silkscreen-quality disc labels direct from your PC with LightScribe: Just burn, flip, burn
- Mobile entertainment HP TrueVision Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone (VGA low-light)
- Communication Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth wireless networking
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick
- Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
- Ease of use Integrated finger print reader
- 39.6 cm (15.6″) diagonal High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display
- Display Resolution
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics (switchable)
- up to 3197 MB total graphics memory with 512 MB DDR3 dedicated
- Altec Lansing speakers – Dolby Advanced Audio
- Full size island-style keyboard
- HP Clickpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button
- 1 VGA port
- 1 HDMI port
- 1 stereo headphone-out
- 1 microphone-in
- 4 USB 2.0 ports (4th shared with eSATA port)
- 1 eSATA + USB port
- 1 RJ45 ethernet port
Nope, don’t worry, I’ve not giving up drinking.
But having some fun with it, by trying new beers when I can.
I have them all listed at Flickr & my My Last Beer Blog.
Feel free to visit them.