Earlier in the year I attended the EMF camp ( https://www.emfcamp.org). Since attending I’ve been chatting to some of the Amateur radio operators ( https://wiki.emfcamp.org/wiki/Villages:Amateur_Radio ) who attended.
One of the topics of discussion was about a project for the next camp in 2016. APRS seems likely and as I’ve still not got my GF radio setup at my grandads I need something radio related.
So this week as its payday I’ve ordered some parts to get my own APRS tracker up and running.
The list includes: –
- Foxtrack APRS Tracker $20
- U-Blox GPS module £10
- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400607948490 (sorry if link expired)
- Baofeng UV5R TRRS Adapter
- Baofeng UV-6 (already own but under £30)
- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4KCDAW (linked to Amazon as link shouldn’t change)
I’ll get some photos when parts other than the radio arrive.