Today, James (M0BOV) and myself went up to a car park out side Purley in Warlingham.
What a Day. Didn’t get many contacts, but Tried a few on a 2m Halo, then put up a Long-Wire. My Yaesu FT-897D was set-up on a bench after a small bit of gardening.
The Weather was another Story. To say was changeable was understating it. I had 3 attempts at using the set-up. In between the rig was (hastily) put into the car boot.
After a QSO into Italy on attempt 3, the heavens opened again and I finally admitted defeat. Below are some photos taken when the Sun was out.
- Check Weather before Operating /m or /p
- Make sure if others are with you operating Have Handhelds ready in case weather sets in
- 1st attempt we didn’t have the handheld
- Remember Wire Strippers (forgot those) or even a full tool-kit
- A WaterProof Log would have helped
- To take a umbrella that didn’t leak
- A few other things I can’t remember now